August 6th to the 10th sees the 2019 Bansko International Jazz festival featuring an international cast of stars held in Bulgaria. Many of the performers come from Bulgaria and the Balkans, but there are musicians attending from the UK, Italy, France and the USA. View the full programme for the week on the banskojazzfest.com website.
For the first time we are planning a tennis break based around the festival in Bansko. Enjoy organised tennis matches during the day and relax to the sounds of live music in the evenings.
Set in a UNESCO heritage site, Bansko is an historic old town in the picturesque Pirin Mountains. In winter the town is a popular ski resort with 75km of ski runs. In summer the town offers a stunning location for outdoor pursuits including tennis, hiking, mountain biking and white water rafting. There are many interesting places to visit in the area including the village of Melnik, renown for its excellent wine production.
Bansko is also home to the acclaimed 5* Kempinski Grand Arena. The hotel has once again won the award for Bulgaria’s best Spa Hotel. Our accommodation for this holiday is centred at the Kempinski:
- 5 nights at the 5* Kempinski Grand Arena in a deluxe room (with mountain views) including breakfast
- Prices are based on 2 adults sharing a twin or double room, single supplement of £40 per night
- Return private transfers from the Sofia airport
- Free access to all festival concerts
- 3 hosted dinners at good local Bulgarian “Mehana” restaurants (2 courses dinners with local wines)
- 15 hours of organised tennis mix ins, friendly doubles and matchplay (Please note: coaching also available if required)
Prices for this great holiday start at just £595 per person (excluding flights). Flights are available from most UK airports into Sofia.
Tennis during this holiday will be played at the Strazhite sports complex which has “US Open” style hardcourts. The complex also includes a large outdoor swimming pool area.
Your host, Kevin Wentworth, will be happy to organise additional activities such as hiking, mountain biking, additional excursions and tours.
Extend your stay
After the festival is over why not extend your stay and visit the nearby Greek resorts of Kavala and Thassos Island? Let us know if this is of interest and we’d be happy to arrange it.